Sunday, July 26, 2009

WHEN GOD BEGINS TO SWEAR...

For this [is as] the waters of Noah unto me: for [as] I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee. (Isa 54:9)kjv

For this is like the days of Noah to me: for as I took an oath that the waters of Noah would never again go over the earth, so have I taken an oath that I will not again be angry with you, or say bitter words to you. (Isa 54:9)bbe

I once promised Noah that I would never again destroy the earth by a flood. Now I have promised that I will never again get angry and punish you. (Isa 54:9)cev

When God begins to swear you better take note. The integrity of a man is determined by the reliability of his word. If I give you my word and do not fulfill it, I lose integrity before you.
The integrity of God is tied to the reliability of His word. When God says something, He means what He says, and says what He means.
In the old covenant days God made a vow concerning the coming new covenant. What did He vow to do? He said that in the days of the new covenant He will never get angry with us again. God will never ever get angry with you again. NEVER!

It doesn’t matter what you did, it doesn’t matter what you are doing, it doesn’t matter what you’ll ever do, God will never get mad at you.

God is not surprised when you miss it. All the sins you’ve ever committed and all the sins you’ll ever commit are like past tense before Him. He saw them before they ever happened. God lives in the past, present, and future today! He’s never taken by surprise. Relax, don’t try to impress Him, He’s God, remember?

Justice has been satisfied. Two thousand years ago, Jesus paid the entire price for the sins of the whole world. His anger fell on Jesus once and for all times. The debt that we owed God has been paid. God is no longer angry because He has no right to be angry.

This [is] the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. (Heb 10:16-17)kjv

In the new covenant, God does not remember our sins. There is nothing to get angry about. God doesn’t remember your sins, why remind him of them.

If God does not remember your sins, you have no right to remember them. If God is not angry with you, why get angry with yourself.

Forget the past, move forward. God is not angry.

9 comments:

Kat said...

Amen, brother! Thank you for this great reminder that God is not angry with us any more so we should quit focusing on ourselves and start confessing boldly that we ARE the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus!

Stanley Wong said...

Amen bro!
I think many Christians don't take God at His word. God swore and they still don't believe; they are insulting His integrity.

Anonymous said...

You are correct with all those who are in Christ, but not so with unbeliever's. Psalms 7:11, "God judgeth the righteous, and God is "angry" with the wicked every day."

Chinedu said...

But all things are of God, who has made us at peace with himself through Christ, and has given to us the work of making peace; That is, that God was in Christ making peace between the world and himself, not putting their sins to their account, and having given to us the preaching of this news of peace. (2Co 5:18-19)BBE

When unbelievers believe that Jesus has paid the full price for all their sins. That God is no longer angry with them because they have been reconciled. When they know that God is no longer counting their sins against them, they automatically become saved.

Anonymous said...

Are you saying that God is not angry with anyone?

Chinedu said...

For this is like the days of Noah to me: for as I took an oath that the waters of Noah would never again go over the earth, so have I taken an oath that I will not again be angry with you, or say bitter words to you. (Isa 54:9)

God will keep His Word.

Anonymous said...

Im still confused with what you are saying. Please be patient with me. I was taught that God's wrath was poured out on His Son at Calvary for His people only. If what I hear you saying is true than there is only one sin left which would be unbelief. Do I have this correct?

Chinedu said...

And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. (1Jn 2:2)

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; (Joh 16:8-9)

And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Act 16:30-31)

Are you refering to these?

Chinedu said...

What about seedfaith? We may agree on that one. love