Monday, July 27, 2009

FILM SHOW

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. (Heb 9:27-28).

The thought of Judgment Day used to send cold shivers down my spine. The evangelists that came to preach to us didn’t help matters at all.
I remember so well that movie, “Burning Hell”, it was always used as an “evangelistic tool” to scare us out of hell! In that movie, there was a film show on Judgment Day. Everybody’s sins were previewed IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE WORLD! What an embarrassing thought. That really got me scared of Judgment Day, the day your sins will find you out.

This verse was always quoted…

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: (Heb 9:27)

But like most scriptures it was always taken out of context. This companion next verse was never quoted along with it.


So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. (Heb 9:28).

On Judgment Day it will be revealed that Christ once suffered for my sins! Those that look for HIM He shall appear NOT FOR THEIR SIN but for their salvation.

Judgment day will not reveal my sins, it will reveal my savior! Judgment day will not expose my sins, it will expose my salvation! For love covers a multitude of sins.

There will be a film show, not of my sins but of the cross!

I’m a New Testament believer, in the New Testament our sins are never remembered.“ Then I will forget about their sins and no longer remember their evil deeds." (Heb 10:17). What a covenant, so much grace, so much love.

At the coming of Christ who is our life, you will be seen with him in glory. (Col 3:4)bbe

Christ is your life dear believer. When He comes, you come. We WILL be seen with Him in glory. Since Christ is our life and Christ cannot be condemned, we can’t be condemned.

Come lord Jesus!

5 comments:

Kat said...

Wow! Thank you, brother. I used to think that I was the only one who was taught that there would be a "film show" of my entire life when I go to heaven. Thank God I know better now through the preaching of pure grace. I too used to shudder and cringe at the thought of everyone watching my life on display. Hallelujah...right interpretation of the Word has set us free!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you brother...all in Christ have nothing to fear...but what about the unregenerate? They have to hear the bad news to get to the good news....don't they?

Chinedu said...

I don't mind giving the "religious unregenerate" some bad news. However, I feel most just need to hear the good news. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

I think the good news includes the bad news.

The problem today, as I see it, is the evangelical church in America has reduced the Gospel down to a few spiritual laws you must know then a superstious prayer that preachers then declare them saved. Show me that in Scripture...you can't because it isn't in Scripture. No where does our Lord say, "behold the Kingdom of God is at hand....now would someone like to ask Me into your heart"? The verse they use in Revelation is Christ standing at the door of the church.

We are called to faith and repentance. Both are graces from Him. It takes more power of God to raise one dead sinner to life than all the power of God in creation. We need to believe that...then we will stop depending on the arm of the flesh.

What say you?

Chinedu said...

I agree with these:

a. "sinners prayer" doesn't save. Faith in Jesus saves.

b. "we need to stop depending on the arm of the flesh". I agree 100%

c. we are called to repentance and faith. Yep. especially repentance from "dead works".